Harvest Church is a congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America, a church that seeks to grow through God’s blessing upon gospel faithfulness, rather than the apparent successes of human cleverness. The PCA’s motto is to be “Faithful to the Scriptures, true to the Reformed faith, and obedient to the Great Commission.” The result is that when we see fruit, the glory is all God’s and not ours.
Therefore, the Bible is our only unalterable rule of faith and practice, from which all of our constitutions, confessions, creeds, and catechisms derive their authority or usefulness, and only insofar as they are subject to and consonant with the explicit and necessarily implied meaning of Scripture. We use the Bible this way, because Jesus used the Scriptures this way!
Therefore, the Harvest Community congregation holds to the following basic beliefs about God and His loving and faithful relation to man:
- We believe that the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Old and New Testaments are infallible, authoritative, inerrant, and sufficient.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone, that He sovereignly chooses to save, only from His free grace, never for any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned, alone, for the sins of all who trust in Him.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
Harvest Church believes these things, because they are the plain teaching of the Bible. A more detailed summary of the Bible’s teaching may be found in the Westminster Confession of Faith and Catechisms.